VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to get foam for my rock and roll bed. It's a 3/4 and I am wanting a good thick foam say 5-6" instead of the real bum numbing thin stuff I've seen on ebay. Also the best place for getting it covered - my van is bright yellow (not AA) but I can't decide on the interior colour. Front seats have a blue hibiscus print covers which are cool so would be good to continue this theme.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i think 5 or 6'' will be too thick to allow the bed to fold at the hinges,i think 4'' is about the maximum,i have a visual description of what i am meaning in my head but dont know how to explain it best :confused:
if you can imagine when the bed is upright the cushions are going to be forcing down on each other

some people have used efoam on the internet for foam

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think 5 or 6'' will be too thick to allow the bed to fold at the hinges,i think 4'' is about the maximum,i have a visual description of what i am meaning in my head but dont know how to explain it best :confused:
if you can imagine when the bed is upright the cushions are going to be forcing down on each other

some people have used efoam on the internet for foam
Oh - didn't think of that cheers. Thanks everyone else as well I shall get looking at the recommended sites

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
If you dont mind spending a bit extra, 4 inch foam made from 2 inch blue(firm) foam glued to 2 inch memory foam makes an extemely comfortable seat and a really nice bed too. Most foam converters would be able to glue this up for you and cut it to size. But expect to pay around £150 for an average rock n roll sized bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts