VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Sorry to ask but I can not find a thread for my question.

If I install a rock n roll bed into my T4 800 van do I need to put seatbelts in? I will not be using the seat for passengers, just relaxing when parked up and obviously to sleep on.

Sorry to ask the obvious but just need a straight answer.

Cheers

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thought this was only if it was pull or crash tested? If its not tested to either of these standards then it doesnt matter if you have belts or not its illegal to use on the move. Its purely a bed or a seat when static. You wont get insurance I'd suggest.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi,
Sorry to ask but I can not find a thread for my question.

If I install a rock n roll bed into my T4 800 van do I need to put seatbelts in? I will not be using the seat for passengers, just relaxing when parked up and obviously to sleep on.

Sorry to ask the obvious but just need a straight answer.

Cheers
Hi. I had my T4 with a full camper conversion for five years. I had a rock n roll seat bed with no seat belts. Never had a problem come MOT time. Insurance wise, no problems but I wasn't covered for passengers in the rear. It just makes the van about as useful as a two seater sports car as far as ferrying your mates about but it was just me and the missus generally. Went through Adrian Flux. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts