VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Ive just put in an order for an R'n'R from a company that's recently come into this field Janus Fabrications in Telford {Link}, i have seen their work and will report back on the bed when I take delivery.

They will be attending the Camper Jam at Weston Park.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi how did you get on with the bed is it made well and what price did you pay have you got any pictures to post,steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stevsy said:
hi how did you get on with the bed from janus fabrications was it worth the money have you got any pictures of it fitted,steve

Hi Stevsy, yes I have picked up the bed , tbh it has been ready for weeks but I've had a bad run of luck with the van. I have picked it up and dropped it off with my brother in law to etch primer and spray ( I chose not to have it powder coated or sprayed black by them) my BiL is spraying the same colour of the van, this will brighten up the interior then. I'll put some pics up of the basic bed and ply board.
The bed in its basic form is 135, then add ply board, then Velcro if you want it. But yeah, I think it's good welding , well shaped framework. I had it upholstered with black leatherette this was the most expensive part , but of course a lot of folks can make their own much cheaper.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I will update this as an when i get to move forward.

Tomorrow ill take a pic of the cushions and stitch work .

Janus can supply a full lock stock and barrel bed ready to go or basic bed plus what your after. Just Call Dan or Steve
[email protected]
Tel 01952 289671

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi admag looks ok to me couple of questions how does it stay locked when in the seat position most beds have a couple of catches,was the lower brace (cross bar)added by you as there on ebay and no brace on them,did you self tap the boards on the frame,i was thinking of getting the full size bed and fitting a kitchen unit behind front seats

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I have a couple of options available , i can use spring loaded bolt (think they are snap bolt or locks?) both sides or i can put a #10 coach bolt or something similar, as im disabled i will have to look into the easiest option to deploy one handed and the safest for the kids.

The lower brace was fitted by Janus as per my specific request as i want to fit the seat belt clasp. as i have the carravelle, i already have factory seat belts fitted.

The ply was fitted by Janus, so could'nt comment i would think they would be pre-tapped tbh.

The kitchen idea sounds great,

·
Registered
23 Posts
looking good you will soon have it sorted how high is the bed when in seat position im just wondering if the view through back window will be compromised,are the beds made on site by janus i googled there address unit 22 trenchlock 3 looks to be a very small unit is that were you picked up the bed from

1 - 7 of 7 Posts