VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum (well I've been lurking for a while)

I'm wanting to buy a T5 for use as a day van. I work as a musician and run lots of workshops in schools so it's important for me to have the space to transport lots of gear around.

My ideal is to have a crew van with the three seats in the front, and two or three behind. Then I can put all my gear in the very back of the van. But I'd also like to occasionally like to sleep in it (music festivals and stuff).

My question is this, is there any sort of rock'n'roll type bed that folds down from the seats in the middle of the van rather than those at the back?

Also I'm in Reading, Berkshire, anyone able to recommend me anyone round here that does conversions etc?

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
153 Posts
can be done with most R&R beds, its easy to fit them in the rear & it works well with the traditional layout of a camper van, the middle fit would require so work as when attaching it to chasis you may have to drop fuel tank, exhaust & heat shielding from underneath the van, ( a cowboy bogger will just tank cut the floor)
thinking of doing the same thing myself

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Have a look at these im selling;
ebay item number 300330592823.T:

·
Registered
873 Posts
There is a bed that sits just behind the middle bench seat that then folds out towards the rear. Looks really compact. Used to have the link but can't find it at the moment. Im sure someone on here knows what I am talking about. Looks pretty light weight so might be perfect for just slipping in on the occasions you need it. Whereas the R'n R' are more substantial/permanent.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Have a look at these im selling;
ebay item number 300330592823.T:
I have sold a couple of these to people who said they were going to put into a T5 ...Obviously they fit OK.
If you bought this then you could reupholster it flat and install a removeable rear shelf that would make up the bed.
Its quite an easy DIY task and probably would cost you £200 in ply, fabric and foam to make a Bongo seat into a flat bed.
Reupholstering it flat will also increase the seat height which is good as its a bit low in a T4 / T5 in standard form.

This is one I put in my own T4. I wanted an occasional bed (but had to be comfortable), but mostly just flexible load space and space for a couple of passengers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Cannons Forge R&R bed on order but there is a two month wait at the moment,i am going to make it quick release so that i can use the rear for work when needed

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
There is a bed that sits just behind the middle bench seat that then folds out towards the rear. Looks really compact. Used to have the link but can't find it at the moment. Im sure someone on here knows what I am talking about. Looks pretty light weight so might be perfect for just slipping in on the occasions you need it. Whereas the R'n R' are more substantial/permanent.

Hi,

I think what Ian is talking about is the Styleline Kombi sleepover bed.

http://www.vwt4styleline.co.uk/products-kombi-sleepover.html

If it isn't it's another option anyway.

I have one in my van, 100% happy and no seatbelt issues.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also I'm in Reading, Berkshire, anyone able to recommend me anyone round here that does conversions etc?

Thanks

Rob
I've been up to Youngs Conversions in Bletchley ( MK) today & they do T4's /5's as well as others and seem very good ,so they will be quoting me for mine

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts