VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, i keep moving onto different projects in my van and leaving this till last Rasp:
i carpeted my van around 6 months ago, and also the roof panels aswell, ive had the problem ever since, i cant get the roof lining strip back on and broke the ones i have, im guessing due to the carpet thickness, its the mvm stretchy stuff, im having real difficulty as i want to spray or carpet the strips too but i know its gonna snap again, is there any advice i can have please? other idea is templating then back again and leaving it a soft pine look finish with abit of sand down etc. whats people done?
thanks in advance
if anyone could link me to any help or new ideas id be very greatful

vwsurf:ILU:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took some advice that was posted on here a while ago.

Ignore the fastenings that usually attach the strip and drill some holes through the strip and into the metal plate on the inside of the roof. Use long screws to attach the strip and make up any gaps under the strip with washers.

I then bought some plastic screw head covers from B&Q to match the lining.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131214&highlight=roof+lining+strip

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi

You can either screw them on by drilling throught the plastic strip and the metal beam as Fletch 157 said but make sure that you don't use screws or drill bit that are to long as you don't want holes in your roof :eek: Another way to do it which is much quicker and easier and you dont need any screw cap covers, is to contact Mark at Mega Van Mats (www.megavanmats.com) as he does some "invisible roof clips" which are great as you cannot see them once the strips/roof panels are fixed in place.

Steven
Westcountry Campervans
Redruth
Cornwall
www.westcountrycampervans.co.uk

Insulation, soundproofing, ply lining, vinyl floors, carpeting, windows, Cannon's Forge rock n roll beds, campervan conversions and much more!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts