VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a t4 with a dirty great roof rack bolted on (the cage type with sides), the dealer i bought it off claimed that they fit into standard location holes and VW supply 'plugs' which block the holes... i am a little skeptical about this, but, is there any truth in it? or am i going to be digging the filler out of the garage?

Ps. I know where there will be a cheap roof rack going if anyone is interested? T:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have spoken to a couple of VW parts centres this morning, basically if it's a non genuine VW (which it is as VW don't make a full roof rack for the t4) then it is NOT possible to get hold of a 'bung' or 'plug' to fill the hole. Apparently it's an after market one which they bolt straight through and not the way VW do it.

Looks like the holes will need filling....! :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have the same on the roof of our T5, a few little screw holes along each side. What is best use to fill these little holes in?

Cheers
John

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I'm no bodyshop expert, but if the holes are on the roof and pretty much out of sight, can you not just put bolts back through them to reseal them?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Try your luck at an electrical equipment supplier and ask
For some grommets.they push into the holes you have.I put
An extra layer or clear sealant to stop the water coming in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts