VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a roof box on my T4, thinking simple roof rack etc, dont want to drill any holes in it for sure, any recommendations? wont be on permanent, just now and again, got a box, just need a rack. any thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 4 bars thule ebay 40notes each secondhand

able to fit 2 480ltr boxes and 2 bikes on roof

can take off when needed in 20mins

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thule roof bars and feet not cheap but do the job for putting kayaks on my roof

Try eBay or amazon for secondhand bits rather than Halfords

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,530 Posts
Get some nice S/S roof bars.......bolt on.....and then use the Thule clamp bar fittings.
They look good, and I've had a BIG roof box on them, with around 80 kilo weight in it, and still did over 200kph in Germany!
10 mins to unlock and remove the box.....the whole thing sits on the beams in my garage when not used.

These are mine:
https://www.veedubtransporters.co.uk/shop/t4-polished-stainless-steel-roof-bars-s-w-b/

Been on the van for 9 years now.....not a drip inside, and still polish up (or they did last time I washed the van 4 years ago!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm looking to use the space on top of our van (SMW T4) but I'm not sure which way to go. Is it possible to get roof bars which clip on on the roof/sides? Or would we need to drill rails/bars in?

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,530 Posts
Thule do some, but they did leave marks on my paintwork!
Problem is, T4 doesn't have any "gutters", so they relay on a small "underlip" and then literally "squeeze" together from one side to the other to grip.
The brackets were also quite noisy once you get to any speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts