VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks!

is there any way of fitting a T5 type roof Track (with the slot that roof bars slide along and lock on to) to a T4? :confused:

dousn't need to run the full length of the roof even 4 short sections would do it!

does anyone know of someone who sells this sort of track? - sometimes referred to as T track. loads of roof bars out there in cyberland but the track is harder to find! :(

why? just bought a 14 ft Old Town open canoe for holidays, days out on the lakes, rivers and canals etc (joined the British Canoe Union for the canoe licence) and have got the loan of my dads t5 roof rack but it wont fit a t4! :*

Rather than buy a complete roof bar system for my t4, if i can fit 4 short lengths of track, i can swap the t5 rack between motors as needed. T:

any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Suugs, just bought a complete kit from Torbay Campers which came with a rail which sounds like what your after, its quite inexpensive at about £20 for two lengths, check with Roger at Torbay,...(it comes mill finish but polishies up a treat)

Rod

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
hi folks!

is there any way of fitting a T5 type roof Track (with the slot that roof bars slide along and lock on to) to a T4? :confused:

dousn't need to run the full length of the roof even 4 short sections would do it!

does anyone know of someone who sells this sort of track? - sometimes referred to as T track. loads of roof bars out there in cyberland but the track is harder to find! :(

why? just bought a 14 ft Old Town open canoe for holidays, days out on the lakes, rivers and canals etc (joined the British Canoe Union for the canoe licence) and have got the loan of my dads t5 roof rack but it wont fit a t4! :*

Rather than buy a complete roof bar system for my t4, if i can fit 4 short lengths of track, i can swap the t5 rack between motors as needed. T:

any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received
Borrow dads T5 T:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suugs, just bought a complete kit from Torbay Campers which came with a rail which sounds like what your after, its quite inexpensive at about £20 for two lengths, check with Roger at Torbay,...(it comes mill finish but polishies up a treat)

Rod
just tried comparing the width between tracks on his and the gutters on mine and they are very different. i'd have to loosen the bars off the clamps and adjust every time i used it. big fuss and bother! :(

will look at geting the proper roof bars for mine and not bother with the tracks, works out about the same price as vw T tracks and no drilling the roof. T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts