VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a roof spoiler(ACTUALLY A TAILGATE SPOILER FOR MY UP AND OVER NONE BARN DOOR T4) have looked on ebay and there's loads on there. however they all seem to say stick the spoiler on with tiger seal (I believe this to be windscreen adhesive)

im not mad keen on the idea of glueing it on so I guess I am asking if anyone else has done this and is it a sound proposition. I don't want it flying off on me some day!!
also whos do we recommend? and finally has anyone got one theyre not using... would rather buy from within the group so to speak,
cheers

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Tiger seal or Sikaflex, stuck mine on with Tigerseal, its a general purpose adhesive and not specifically for windscreens.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes ive done on both barn door and tail gate.

the barn door one fitted very well

but the present tail gate one didn't and I had top fill a 15 mm gap but I am happy its going to stay there like the guy said its amazing stuff sticks like sxxt to a blanket:eek:
so now in the right place so more filler is needed before painting this week.

·
Registered
805 Posts
i would give both surfaces a wee scuff before i stuck it on, you get cheaper versions on tiger seal, use it in the work and get it from dingbro, think its about £4 a tube

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
My roof spoiler has been on for about 3 years with tiger seal. Top tip do it in the morning, after application use some tape to hold it in place and put a couple of weights on top to assist the bonding process. Oh and leave well alone to go off.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks my Scottish brothers, how long should I leave it for

got my spoiler today 55quid off ebay, the fit is BOB on!! well pleased

just need some LED LIGHTS and the transformation is complete

·
Registered
805 Posts
thanks my Scottish brothers, how long should I leave it for

got my spoiler today 55quid off ebay, the fit is BOB on!! well pleased

just need some LED LIGHTS and the transformation is complete
leave it overnight inside a lock up or garage, tape it down as the other poster say's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts