VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a tapping noise on my 1.9 diesel turbo that was interment now I have noticed a when it gets hot there is a very slight rotory knock nothing
Loud but it's there , any idea what it can be ?? , it just had cambelt change and engine service and still the same .

·
Registered
464 Posts
Is it a knock or a rattle?? Is it area specific??

When I was looking at the t4 I noticed a couple had a rotational noise that sounded like a slapping noise and I'm sure it was worn pulley bushes.
If you've had a new cam belt aux belt/ power steering belts could it be around that area is it from the block somewhere??

Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was doing it before the belts were done its wierd its like a quiet tick tick tick and then it gets a quiet hollow noise with it when it gets hot but sometimes it used to go off but now it's continuos once hot , I know it's a pain to find the problem because these engines are known for it , chris

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay , I put stp in the engine to try and quieten it down and I think it's worse now but it did get rid of the tappits tap lol , only done about 50 miles with the stp .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts