VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
on the value of my van

Started out as the first picture with full service history and 28k on the clock

It has now covered 45k, on Eisbach springs and Bilstein dampers, VW factory alloys, had a smattering of rear wheel arch rust removed..

So all in all a pretty much immaculate 1.9td which has been lovingly looked after all it's life and family owned from new (apart from myself)

All documents and wallet(even with vw pen still there) are present..

Opinions please, and I'm quite resilient so say what you like...:D

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, I would consider it one of the nicest available(in standard form anyway) the first owner a woodworker had it for 15 months and then passed it on to his son-in-law who used it sparingly as a private vehicle. It does have another captains seat which was removed at 15k, the original steel wheels etc

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Any further guesses at price ? Cam belt replaced at 29,000, pads and discs at the same time, original paint (Ice blue), runs and drives beautifully, alloys and tyres load rated. Just a proper, mint, original van apart from Eisbachs, Bilsteins and the excellent headlight upgrade.... T:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Had a 1.9td in ice blue on a T plate and sold it about 2 years ago. It had 92k on the clock and body work was rust free and very tidy. It was a standard van apart from limo tinted side kombi windows, rear ARB and electric windows. Made 4k and as I bought it 4 years prior for 4.5k, was very happy with the sale.

As yours has less miles, think it should make 4.5k on the right day may be more:*T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Try your arm at 4.8k :cool: Got to be worth that with the mileage and condition.. Would make an excellent camper :ILU:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I reckon you could get 4.5 - 5k for it, to the right buyer. thing is, the people who are often most concerned about getting a low mileage van are maybe not looking for a panel van where they have everything to do, so might pay more money for a van with more mileage that is either a velle/multivan/kombi. Having said that, if you're prepared to hold out, a van with that mileage and in such good mick is a rare thing, so someone will eventually pay what you're asking T: good luck - lovely van T:

It'd be loads more if you hadn't done all those kerraazzzy suspension mods :D

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the replies :) T: and accurate appraisals. If money was no object I wouldn't consider selling but needs must

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
There's a van of similar spec & mileage on gumtree for £4950, so looks like price guesses are about right T:

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's a van of similar spec & mileage on gumtree for £4950, so looks like price guesses are about right T:
Thanks, I'll check it out, I know it's been said a thousand times before, but it will really be hard to part with my bus and hopefully the next one will be as good, thanks again for the input T: :)

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Hope you might find a way to keep it, mate - would be gutted to sell mine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts