VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I hope I am posting this to the right thread page.

I had a fault which was a juddering and loss of power causing the vehicle to go into limp mode eventually found the fault which was the abs cable rubbing on the front passenger side wheel .This had been completely stripped to bare wire .I did a temporary repair and ordered the new part.

has anyone changed one of these could someone explain or provide photos of the routing of the cable please

this is a Transporter 1.9 2003 model with 255000 miles

thanks in adavance

·
Registered
18 Posts
I might be able to help, i have my wheel arch liners off just now while doing other work.
Certainly on the driver side, The cable comes down behind the wheel arch liner and there is a rubber grommet on the cable that clips into the arch liner. I might not be able to get photos tomorrow as i need to find my locking wheel bolt key but will help if i can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be able to help, i have my wheel arch liners off just now while doing other work.
Certainly on the driver side, The cable comes down behind the wheel arch liner and there is a rubber grommet on the cable that clips into the arch liner. I might not be able to get photos tomorrow as i need to find my locking wheel bolt key but will help if i can.
Hi Reid’s
Thanks for that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts