VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put a row of four seats across a Caravelle to give a six seater (front swivel seats) with a large rear space. Anybody done this? I have seen a couple of photos but apparently the VW front doubles are just a bit too wide at 34". Max width is about 62". I lookes at LDV seats which I think are also too wide, 33". Any suggestions? Thanks, Will

·
Registered
50 Posts
i've just done this in mine. Used 2 front passenger seats. If you take the plastic end covers off the seats you can get them closer together and they fit, just. I used seatbelt clips on longer flexie stalks for the center as the original one's on the metal bars stick out too much, this gains you an extra half inch to and makes it easyer to clip the belts in. With the covers and belt done it shortens the seats by about 2 inches so the fit ok.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Rather randomly I've just spied this on a popular auction site!! I:

It's basically a 3 seater, but has an extra seat belt, so can seat four - I have no idea how this works from a legal point of view but may be worth taking a look if only for ideas of how 4 seats can fit!

HTH T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts