VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, whilst I was fitting my central locking kit I knocked the rubber grommet which you run the cables through from door to cab, off and it fell inside the a-post part - could I get it out :bhd - won't make that mistake again! Tried the lot just can't get it :(

So... If anyone has a spare kicking around, i'd be most grateful! T:

Oh, its for a 2003 T4

Cheers!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi all, whilst I was fitting my central locking kit I knocked the rubber grommet which you run the cables through from door to cab, off and it fell inside the a-post part - could I get it out :bhd - won't make that mistake again! Tried the lot just can't get it :(

Oh, its for a 2003 T4

Cheers!
hi i will have one i will let you know tomozA:

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts

Oh, its for a 2003 T4

Cheers!
Hi,

Not being funny but what SHONKY kit uses the original blanking grommets to run wires into the doors????:eek::confused:LOL:

Why not do the job correctly in the first place and fit the correct part designed to do the job??? I'm talking about the VW genuine door bellows, they are designed to run the wires through and to keep the elements from coming into the van. If you don't have all three and especially the inner one on the drivers side in place then the wind and water have an easy way to get straight onto the fuse box?

Sorry If you really didn't want to hear this but I'm amazed that a central locking kit tells you to use the blanking grommets!
I only sell and fit Wolf lekky window and C/L kits and would not even consider doing this "bodge"

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Not being funny but what SHONKY kit uses the original blanking grommets to run wires into the doors????:eek::confused:LOL:

Why not do the job correctly in the first place and fit the correct part designed to do the job??? I'm talking about the VW genuine door bellows, they are designed to run the wires through and to keep the elements from coming into the van. If you don't have all three and especially the inner one on the drivers side in place then the wind and water have an easy way to get straight onto the fuse box?

Sorry If you really didn't want to hear this but I'm amazed that a central locking kit tells you to use the blanking grommets!
I only sell and fit Wolf lekky window and C/L kits and would not even consider doing this "bodge"

Cheers Trev.
to be honest - i hadn't thought about it! When i bought the van it had a 'professional' LOL: retro fit CL fitted but it was so poorly wired and not working properly that I ripped it out and fitted a new one. For some reason it never crossed my mind to get the correct VW bellows, as the previous install used the blanking grommets, like i said - poorly! I feel a bit stupid thinking about it now :eek:

cheers for your advise, most certainly have taken it on board and will now seek the correct door bellows. If anyone has a set going, i'd be most grateful! T:

potentially saved me a lot of grief in the long run there Trev - what are forums for :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts