VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked our T4 up this month so thought i would starts a thread.

Its going to be a slow process - especially as this is my wife's daily so it has to be in a use-able state every Monday-Friday!

So, having asked a local conversion company if we could come and look at a T4 as we had plans for selling our Westfalia T25 and buying one.

After a bit of talk and discussion we ended up selling them this:

and buying this from them:

Unfortunately it wasnt quite ready for the kids - although our 6 year old did ask if we could leave the bulkhead in!

but we said no.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am also a fan of the window.

Nice van.
Its great having a full slider - we were going o get the same on the sliding door but they had problems (Now sorted) with the supplier and we have since got used to the fixed window on that side (and had to get a new Alternator so used the budget up!)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Floor & R&R next (Forgot to get photo's of floor going in) but first had to get the animals out

Seat was an error by the conversion company, we asked for Cloth & Vinyl cover as its going to have kids seats on it most of the time -but they got us Vinyl and Leather -as it was their error they didnt charge us the difference T:

Next was a Headlight upgrade from Autosparks (Great piece of kit and excellent service), whilst installing thought i would take the front off to have a look and found a nice load of on the radiator -again, forgot to photo the dead cockroach that was in there.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Next was a few internal bits - replaced the dash speakers and put some 6x9's into the van using Speaker boxes (£15 from Ebay so cheaper than i could make them for).

Speakers were Vibe's from StereoSteve and they are great for what we need them for.

Next was a swivel for the passenger and then a front carpet mat from Megvanmats.

Before mat:

and with mat:

Then some sleek deflecters from Dubflecta and then it was finally time for T4Teddy to make an appearance T:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looking really good there mate, what did you decide on for the interior ?????

Paul:ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking really good there mate, what did you decide on for the interior ?????

Paul:ILU::ILU:
At the moment were saving for an Austop roof, but once thats in place were probably going to go high gloss red cupboards with black surface and the Smev 9222 :)

Going to put the back units in before the roof to get some storage but cant do the front and cooker section as that's where our son sleeps on a bedding roll until we get the roof.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looking great i cant wait to get started on mine T:
Loving seeing it evolve and my wife loves it as her daily.

Just need to find £2500 for an Austop roof (or a fitter who does 0% finance :) )

If you have just got yours would definately recommend Jay at Autosparks headlight upgrade with these dark nights, quality bit of kit and great customer service

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
great van and I love the colours, dark over light always makes them look lower too T:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Headlight upgrade?? What does this involve please?
Just drove our new T4 for the first time in the dark last night, I've got more powerful torches !! Had a look on their website but can't see anything :confused:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Headlight upgrade?? What does this involve please?
Just drove our new T4 for the first time in the dark last night, I've got more powerful torches !! Had a look on their website but can't see anything :confused:

T
This is the one i used, based on recommendation from StevetheStereo and a few others:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=118224 Jay & Abi are the people to ask for -really good customer service T:

Its really good quality and took about 15 minutes from start to finish to fit - plug and play pretty much.

Would also recommend Osram Nightbreaker bulbs. The lights on the T4 are now brighter than our Passat and my old Golf Mk6

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The problem with child seats is that they are taller - so 3 Year olds cant get in and out of the seat very easily so it was time for some woodwork.

Not bad since the last woodwork i did was about 1984!!!

Although not as impressed with my carbon wrapping!

But overall it does the job and gives us a spare seat in the back when using it for picnics:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
T:Next, after about a 5 week wait the door pocket turned up from VW Heritage T: So we went from this:

To this:

to this:

in about 15 minutes (Once i worked out how to take the window winder off) :bhd -thanks to whoever it was who posted this link http://youtu.be/Ak11vM-Jyg8 as it answered the problem whilst also making me feel really thick!LOL:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Nice looking van!

that youtube window winder vid just cracked me up LOL: I was expecting some 10 min convoluted method involving 3 socket sets! :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice looking van!

that youtube window winder vid just cracked me up LOL: I was expecting some 10 min convoluted method involving 3 socket sets! :)
and me, felt really really thick after watching it as i had spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to get it off and ended up swearing a lot and achieving nothing! :*

1 - 20 of 33 Posts