VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some light-fingered little toe-rag has lifted the VW badge from the tailgate of my 61 plate Caravelle. Anyone recommend where I can get the silver clip in part. It appears that the plastic part has clips to hold in the silver bit that has gone missing.

To be honest I would just remove the plastic bit but it sits in a recessed part of the boot and would look like it was missing. I am not sure if it will just go missing again if I replace it.

The little bugger that stole it must be a bit sad - they stole the lion on my back of my Peugeot too!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Some light-fingered little toe-rag has lifted the VW badge from the tailgate of my 61 plate Caravelle. Anyone recommend where I can get the silver clip in part. It appears that the plastic part has clips to hold in the silver bit that has gone missing.

To be honest I would just remove the plastic bit but it sits in a recessed part of the boot and would look like it was missing. I am not sure if it will just go missing again if I replace it.

The little bugger that stole it must be a bit sad - they stole the lion on my back of my Peugeot too!
Silver bit is not available on its own. I bought the complete assembly on ebay but it will be available from a dealer or possibly from one of the traders on the site. It is self adhesive so you first need to remove the backing piece that is still in the recess. Fishing line or dental floss used in a sawing motion is the recommended technique for removing the old one, followed by cleaning off the adhesive tape residue. Take care when fitting the new one - you only get one go so get it level first time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts