VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my van had the side windows installed (poorly in my view). The installer obviously didn't clean up after himself and now there are small rust dots in my white paint below the window. I have tried washing them off but doesn't work.

Can anyone recommend how I can sort it. Thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
iron x is brilliant sutff!! badly fiited windows and swarf galore by fitter who will remain nameless - had metal bits in pretty much every panel.

would defo use something like this before a clay bar though otherwise I think you will get scratches as well as rust!!!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I would be interested to see how this works - we are currently cleaning up a van after someone elses careless window fitting.
To be honest, we have been having good success with clay bar, and with constant turning and a polish after, it seems to remove the visible marks and roughness. But it would be nice if there was a chemical that did no harm to the paint and cleaned off easily.

·
Registered
712 Posts
apparently the iron x stuff opens up the paint pores and helps dissolve the metal bits - the difference after I did mine was amazing!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't done iron x yet but had a meguiars paint restoration kit. Paintwork dry, rough and tired. Thought I would give it a spin yesterday, I am a proper convert of cLay bar - unreal. I got carried away and have done the entire van less front doors and wings - mrs was wanting me to do something else!

Iron x in a few weeks I think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts