VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for treating small rust spots etc.
Also having just polished the van, wondering how to get in between the lettering on the badges. Is a toothbrush the best way?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Also having just polished the van, wondering how to get in between the lettering on the badges. Is a toothbrush the best way?
There is a company called "workstuff" I follow on instagram. They sell really soft brushes for detailing. Can't help with the rust though sorry

·
Registered
961 Posts
For treating small rust spots I can’t recommend enough Bilt Hamber Deox gel. Just dab a blob on the rust, agitate it occasionally with a tooth brush then wash away. If rust remains stick another blob on. It’s actually quite quick at removing the brown stuff too. However, make sure you are ready to clean and then treat the bare metal as rust soon comes back in.

As the front is off the van at the moment I have just soaked all the bolts that have come off over night in Deox C powder (in solution). Washed them in hot water and left to dry on rad in house. They all look brand new. As I say can’t recommend it enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts