VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Rustoleum - opinions and advice needed!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  edbluejuice 
#1 ·
Well after (almost) completing my full conversion in the T4 i am starting to want the outside sorting, as rust is winking at me from all 4 corners. I am keen on the Rustoleum idea as tbh i'm picky and can't afford the kind of pro sprayjob i'd be happy with. Sounds silly i know but if i do it myself i only have myself to blame! I: Plus i have done everything so far except installing the glass and upholstering the R&R foam so kinda keen to carry on with the DIY theme.

I want Light Blue. As the van is stock White atm it shouldn't take that many coats. Searching the US forums and Rustoleum's own website i have decided that the closest colour i can find is:

RUSTOLEUM HARBOUR BLUE 7722-830

Trouble is i can't find it listed anywhere in the UK? Anyone know why not? or have any other ideas? I really do want a subtle colour and the RAL 5012 looks way too strong

#3 ·
Has anyone tried fine mohair or foam roller on then the drag with a badger hair type brush. I can honestly get two part PU paint coatings to look better than sprayed using this method and its not hard just needs two people.

Not sure if this would be suitable for this paint though? but expect if you thinned it correctly if would be fine and no lines T:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.