VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
previously known as: first t4
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a chance of some sabb 93 seats.and would like to know how much higher iff any is the sitting possition on these to standard t4 seats .mine's a 52 plate. thanks in advance
*<:)>

·
Registered
711 Posts
6ft 1" and made no adjustment to height . Very happy and comfyA:A:

Paul:ILU::ILU:

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wife drives it also a bit of a shortassI: so would have to use the moded bases method.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
They should be fine on the standard bases mate.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Got Saab 95 seats in mine, they are a couple of inches higher, but still ok to drive (I'm 5'11"), I have cut down the passenger base only because I've got a swivel fitted. Comfy seats though T:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Did any of you have to make adjustments or whatever to the runners?
I have a set of Saab seats ( no idea on model ) but the runners are wider apart:*

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got Saab 95 seats in mine, they are a couple of inches higher, but still ok to drive (I'm 5'11"), I have cut down the passenger base only because I've got a swivel fitted. Comfy seats though T:
they look the nuts .and o so comffy:)

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just drilled some new holes in the original bases & welded on some captive nuts (don't need to be welded, just makes it easier when fitting).
Rich T:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I Got Saab 9-3 turbo seats in mine, (£20 the pair from the local scrappy)
if anything i would say they are slightly lower than standard seats, But can be raised by adjusting lever. They bolted straight onto the base with two new holes drilled and slotted at the front (half inch wider each side). They are on CMC swivel bases .... takes about an hour per seat realistically if you take your time

Luke

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I Got Saab 9-3 turbo seats in mine, (£20 the pair from the local scrappy)
if anything i would say they are slightly lower than standard seats, But can be raised by adjusting lever. They bolted straight onto the base with two new holes drilled and slotted at the front (half inch wider each side). They are on CMC swivel bases .... takes about an hour per seat realistically if you take your time

Luke
£20 can't fault that. will give that avenue a try
cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts