VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Waiting to dyno my AJT once I’ve sorted the now slipping clutch. After a lot of mods I’ve picked the van up from Bobby Singh Racing who have mapped it for me.

I think we might be expecting 200+ bhp and perhaps north of 450Nm torque.
This is my daily drive and yes I probably will pull the odd standing start from time to time but will largely drive it relatively sensibly.
I’m not going down the sintered race clutch route but Sachs have told me their 220mm performance organic clutch will handle up to around 300Nm with an uprated pressure plate.
Im sure I’ve read that many of you have run the Sachs organic clutch without any issue on tuned AJT’s.
Can you give me some feedback? Did you combine various components?
I’m told a Dual Mass Flywheel will get wrecked quickly at this torque so to stick with an organic clutch/ single mass flywheel.

·
Super Moderator
9,050 Posts
A single mass on a 5 pot may upset the gearbox by chattering the gears but I have used Black Diamond as they make them up. Mines a stage 2 as the stage 3 setup I did have wrecked he flywheel within 30k miles. It's not a t4 but you maybe able to use something else off the vag range to get over the problem of torque, but then the world is shutting :(

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Hi Alan,

I also run a high power AJT but have had to peg the output back to around 160/348 as it will trash new LUK DMFs in a short period of time; even now I still have to feather the throttle as it will shake my fillings out or damage the EWB (which is derived from the Golf / Jetta / Scirocco from the 80s). The EWB is a major limitation & only way forward to really be able to use the power reliably will be by changing to an O2G, pref. code EEZ (Multi 151 bhp); they are about but expect to pay around a thousand quid to secure a good one. Note: some small parts are no longer available, I believe the concentric clutch pipe is one of them.

HH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts