VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

As a long overdue treat for myself I've got a holiday next week on a group tour thingy but it means I've got one day in San Francisco before the tour and one night+morning in Los Angeles afterwards.

If anyone has been there before what do you recommend?

Please don't say Disneyworld etc as I'll be right in the city with no transport other than local public transport and a theme park isn't really my thing.

Also planning a night out (Saturday) in San Francisco so any suggestions on a good bar/club in the union square or wharf districts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
776 Posts
When I was in LA I did the usual Beverly hills, Chinese Theatre, hollywood, Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach, Tar pits thing to see how the other half live, my only advise is safety in numbers!
me and the other half nearly got robbed twice if it wasn't for a good samaritan one time and a heavy foot when some mexican's chased after us whilst driving along the PC Highway!

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Go to Long Beach at night- not that far from La La Land. But "darker"I:I:I:T:

Some sights down there!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
only in san francisco for one day:( make just make sure you do alcatraz you might need to book it before you leave but its well worth it.T:T:
Santa Monica is really nice well was when i was out there if you only have half a day i would just stroll from there down to venice and check out all the freaks on show!

have a good one

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Defo Alcatraz, Also get a day pass for the cable cars fantastic , just hopping on and off them all day.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just bought my Alcatraz ticket :)

I was surprised to find it's actually free to go into alcatraz.... however the ferry to the island cost $26 ;)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Just bought my Alcatraz ticket :)

I was surprised to find it's actually free to go into alcatraz.... however the ferry to the island cost $26 ;)
yeah thats coz it's classed at a national park, like Yosemite and grand canyon, its worth it tho, hope you get a clear day as the ferry's a cool ride as well great views of the city and bridge :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts