VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I installed a sargent ec155 system last summer but only got around now to connect it to the vehicle battery.
I bought the sargent with a cable set and have connected the brown/green cable (I believe pin 5 and 6) to the vehicle battery and thought when the van is connected to 220 volts the vehicle battery should be charged but it is not - the leisure battery is being charged fine though.
I wonder if I am overlooking something... I don't have the engine run signal connected but i don't think it is relevant here from what I read in the manual.

Anybody any idea what might be missing or how to narrow down what the problem is?

Thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
10,155 Posts
AFAIK all current Sargent systems are the same - they only charge the vehicle battery ~or~ the leisure battery - not both at the same time. If you select the vehicle battery on the control panel, that is the one that gets used for habitation equipment and that is the one that is charged on EHU.

Only exception I'm aware of is if it has a built-in solar controller and you fit a solar panel, and that shares the solar charge between the two batteries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I called Sargent this evening before I read your reply and they told me the same (thanks btw).
But when I switch to the vehicle battery nothing changes. If I measure the voltage over pins 5/6 it only shows the voltage of the vehicle battery but doesn't rise to 13+ when I select the battery, it does display the voltage though and switching to the leisure battery is working ok.... It feels like the charging switch/relay doesn't switch between the two batteries...?
I have all the common earth connected and a wire (ping 5/6) to the vehicle battery.
Could there be something missing in my wireing or may it be a faulty unit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts