VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you folks running?

In dash double din only

i've been looking at the VW RNS 510 that is fitted to Toureg etc but not 100% sure it will all work ok.

also been toying with Pioneer Avic 900 (but lots of wedge) as have had their units before & find them pretty good.

anyone any thoughts

ta

·
Registered
875 Posts
Pioneer AVIC HD 3 and tbh, its not impressed me that much. Its to complicated and my ZUMO 550 for my bike is more user friendly.

The Pioneer nav is not too clever and not as easy to get along with compared to an Audi RNS-E. If a RNS 510 is developed off this platform it should be pretty good.

I would love a RNS 510 but I have spent my money and have to live with it...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pioneer AVIC HD 3 and tbh, its not impressed me that much. Its to complicated and my ZUMO 550 for my bike is more user friendly.

The Pioneer nav is not too clever and not as easy to get along with compared to an Audi RNS-E. If a RNS 510 is developed off this platform it should be pretty good.

I would love a RNS 510 but I have spent my money and have to live with it...
Thanks Rick, I fitted the AVIC smth or other in my car (about 2 yrs old), I agree it can be fairly complex, well let jsut say it can do a lot, and i only ever used about 20% of it's capabilities! was goign to rip it out & put it in van but sold it with car the other week.

i'll try find out a bit more about the RNS system, there's loads on ebay. cheers :ILU:

·
Registered
981 Posts
I put in a kenwood dnx double din headunit. Much more features than a standard vw one.

Also found it has a better sound. If you do change the headunit you may need an aerial booster as mine doesnt have one and its forever loosing receptionT:

·
Registered
36 Posts
HI guys, i got the 9240bt kenwood unit, cracking bit of kit,, and i aint used a garmin sat nav before just tom, tom, and they are wicked,

·
Registered
875 Posts
Agree, radio reception can be poor on aftermarket stuff..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cant beat Kenwood !

I managed to get a DNX7200 which is an older model for £600, it was brand new with all extras....bluetooth, TMC ariel etc, etc. I'm well chuffed with it.

It comes with built in Garmin sat nav which I cant fault. My only gripe is that the radio/cd volume turns completely off when the satnav pipes up, I used to have a Navara and the volume 'dimmed' when the satnav spoke which was much better.

Go with Kenwood, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Iv fitted a Jvc kw nt1 , has all the whistles and bells as any other touch screen double din Sat Nav , Radio , Dvd , Usb flashdrive , Phone , Ipod input and rear camera inputs etc etc Its even got some clever thing built in and tells your where traffic jams are . but what i like best about it is the face off serciuty panal A:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Phone calls sound wise are very good indeed , theres a cabled mic from the back , iv just run cable up inside the beams comes out where the sunvisor is , would even know its there its so small , Best car radio iv ever had was a bit :eek: HOWWWW MUCH :eek:at first but dont mind now it was 750 for the unit .

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks chum.

Just been browsing all about it & it's brethren. You're right about the 'How Much?' factor, but it's soooo much more than just a CD/Radio.

I really like the face-off facility, too.

Gotta see one in the flesh, now..T:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Def worth having a look would totally reccomend it , but i would say that wouldnt i ;)
I looked at about 3 or 4 diffrent makes and read lots of online reveiws about the sys before i decided as dint want to splash out on some thing i wasnt totally happy with .
Also brought a 16 gb sandisk cruzer usb flashdrive for £20

Amazing it can fit over 200 albums on or around 3500 songs !!
And its really easy to use as the radio is all toach screen and easy to add songs albums too via pc iv given up on the ipod lark as thats too complicated for me !

Good luck with what ever you choose but thats my 2p worth :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts