VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some help and advice regarding either the VW RNS510 MFD3 Sat Nav or the earlier model T5 Multivan MFD2 Sat Nav Navigation. I have scanned these forum pages but are still none the wiserto my question.

I have just purchased a t5 t30 4 panel van on an 05 plate, what id ideally like to do is put a vw sat nav in, my first question is, is it possible to install either of the of the above models in to my van? if this is a possibility do i need to purchase any adaptors, im confused with the whole can bus, im not sure if 05 models have them or not or if they need one in order for these sat navs to work.

Any additional info would be fantastic e.g recommended parts and good places to purchase them from

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got an 05 T5 T30 and have installed a Kenwood Sat Nav unit. As far as I'm aware, the 05 doesn't 'suffer' from can bus-itus and I found it easy to install. I bought my head unit from eBay for around £400 and it does the trick! It's given me Parrott Bluetooth, a CD/DVD player as well as the obvious nav which is Garmin based. It even offers a reverse camera function - I got one off of eBay for £15 and it's wicked!

I can't recommend it enough! A:A:A:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking to do the same here. Have a flippy flappy screen kenwood in the van I just bought but as there'll be kids sitting in the front I thought an in dash 2 din one with a flush screen would be better (price depending). Can anyone suggest any models?

Do they all cost the earth for GPS updates? Can't see why in car updates to just the maps cost £250 but the whole software and maps for my phone is just £25 for UK and NI. Sounds like a rip off to me!

Chris

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I've got an 05 T5 T30 and have installed a Kenwood Sat Nav unit. As far as I'm aware, the 05 doesn't 'suffer' from can bus-itus and I found it easy to install. I bought my head unit from eBay for around £400 and it does the trick! It's given me Parrott Bluetooth, a CD/DVD player as well as the obvious nav which is Garmin based. It even offers a reverse camera function - I got one off of eBay for £15 and it's wicked!

I can't recommend it enough! A:A:A:
How did you get round lack of Acc on ignition? Did you wire it to the head lights as a live switch? Posted up a thread about this but no replies, probably because it's been threaded already and I can't find the thread.
Not that technically minded...does this have anything to do with can bus?

Had a kenwood all singing all dancing headunit put it but need the ignition on to use it..damn daft if you ask me. Taking it back to installer tomoz....need to get them to do something but they are acting vague and hubby starting to get peed off...please help! :( cheers, wend;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts