VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
mate to do it properly the ply lining needs removing...and carpeting..

you would then carpet all of the metal work and then refit the carperted ply over the top,giving a better finish...this way is more exspensive if you want all of the metal work done etc...as you can see if you check prices around most conversion compnays,most charge £400ish..

i have to say i aint a big fan of the metal work covered...i prefer to cut back all interior meatl work and clean up and then carpet ply over the top...my own personal preference though...

the above job and all metal work is afew days work easy,where ever you take it..

the second option could be done in a day,i could carpet and bring the ready done ply,remove and replace yours,and keep yours..whilst out could spend the day cutting back all metal and giving everything a good clean up..

what did you want on the floor?

anything in the rear of the van..

prob best to call me tomorrow or friday to discuiss..

si.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi there simon, i was thinking of lowering my 1992 t4 camper van. would be great full if you could give me a price on that.

regards
phil

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi i have a 2.4 d t4 1993 its devoloped a top end rattle after having a cam belt water pump and derv belt also seems to suffer with kangaroo juice syndrome it does not like 40 mph in 4th or 5th also neither the fuel gauge or temp gauge are working any ideas would you be able to do it in a day ????? does it need a cam or engine its done 186000 miles i have no service history many thanks jono

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Colese, I'm about to lower my t4 and i have been looking for somewhere to correctly adjust my brake compensator valve once it is lowered. Is this something that you can do?

Also i have a slight problem with my sliding door handle. It has a slight bit of movement in it but it doesn't seem like the screw holding it can go any tighter.

Thanks, Jon T:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi I have a 2005 t5 t28 and am just about to buy a second hand set of caravelle shocks and springs, how much to fit them and can you tell me if they will lower my van any? where about are you in the country I am assumoing Bristol area? regards Td6

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi can you give me a price to ply line, insulate and carpet the rear of my SWB T5, it has side windows and barn doors without windows, I would like to use 9mm or 12mm ply for the floor with a vinyl covering, 9mm ply carpeted for the walls as I will need to fix things to it and carpet the roof.
Cheers

21 - 32 of 32 Posts