VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I've just had my roof fitted and it's fully awesome. My fitter is stoked with the finish (its his 1st SCA install) as am I, he's done s slick job. BUT....we are both a bit lost as to how we finish the lower 'shell' to the headliner. Theres an edge trim available (http://www.banwy.co.uk/product/mirrors/Seats/edge-trim-knock-on-seal-sca-roof-interior-u-channel) but hes not keen, I dont mind it, but hes a perfectionist and thinks its a cop out.

Any of you Gurus out there got any snazzy ideas I'd be eternally grateful!!

Cheers,

Nic

·
Registered
640 Posts
your brave letting somebody inexperianced loose on your SCA and van :eek: I'm happy for you it worked out but just imagine what could of happened :*

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cut your old roof cards and stick them on below the fibreglass frame covering the support frame, then carpet up into the bed recess. Tis gives you a nice clean edging a smooth surface to carpet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your brave letting somebody inexperianced loose on your SCA and van :eek: I'm happy for you it worked out but just imagine what could of happened :*
He's not inexperienced. He has many conversions under his belt and loads of roof conversions he just hasn't used SCA b4.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed, Stenik, thanks for the ideas. I'll go see him and have a brew over it!! Again T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts