VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Scabby Arches

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  kustomkulture 
#1 ·
No not some wierd fungal foot disease but rust.

The arches and some other bits are going a tad scabby and need to be re painted. There are a couple of dings which could do with being knocked out as well, nothing major.

Any one had this kind of work done and what sort of money did it cost. Was thinking of a full bottom half respray but not sure if funds could stretch.

Ball park figures from back street garages would be best as it is never going to win any shows, would just like it tidied up a bit.

Cheers T:

#3 ·
I would say you would be looking in the region of £300/400 for minor repairs and lower half re-spray. This would depend on colour, bumpers and severity of arches.

This based on me talking to several body shops in my area.

One has quoted me £450/500 for complete re-spray in any colour except pearl and chromaflare with me doinf prep.

Quite taken by Jazz blue but I have a dark red rear interior lanned so dont know yet ?

#4 ·
Is it possible to get some kind of large plastic wheel rim cover? I could then clean it up myself, paint it and cover my botched paint job with the huge plastic rim :)

#9 ·
#11 ·
Courtney have a good rep for customs, had a fair few magazine entries

Shop around though as some of the back street bodyshops do the same standard of work for less money

The painter I may be using (might paint it myself) does a lot of damage repairable stuff. He does not paint large vans but as he does my mates trade work he said yes at what I consider a trade price T:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.