VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after email communication and an offer of me collecting them as they are quite far away, I got the offer of them being sent to me free of charge (perk of their job allegedly). I would then inspect and pay the driver if happy. No risk, so thought why not! The only thing I was worried about at this point was them getting damaged in transit!

When the 'Parcel Force' email came through it was from [email protected] which sent alarm bells ringing. Also it asked me to pay upfront and they would refund me if I was not happy on delivery......no way!

Rang Parcel Force - the real ones! They said this is a scam, they never do this type of service and that lot's of people get caught out.

I dodged the bullet, so putting this here for others!

Advert:

Email responses from 'Helen Watson'

On 14 Sep 2012, at 08:24, Helen Watson <[email protected]> wrote:

Unfortunately I've just got called into the office (i get sent countrywide with less than 24hrs notice) so very busy till next week. Back at work we have some shipments for large items with parcelforce all week long. Just thought it would save you time and hassle if I'll send it along with them free of charge :) company benefits :) .

I asked around and it seems you can pay cash upon delivery/inspection. It's quite simple since they're able to wait for you to check it out, if not as described they can just void the shipment with no extra charge.

If that's alright with you I'll need a name, address, contact number and also date&time suitable for the delivery.
Working long hours so If you want to pop in and pick it up you'll have to wait till next week or so when hopefully I'll get my head around :)
Let me know either way.
Helen.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Helen Watson <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Adam,
Don't know if it's been long since you've emailed, I've been out so couldn't follow up on my text message. Can't promise anything but visiting my mum shortly, wouldn't mind making a drop off :)

If you'll send me your postcode I can check out on my satnav the distance to yours.

Reasonable price and accurate description, it's worth the money, no bad surprises. I won't go any lower.
Can be reached on (079) 7342-5052 low signal strength area :( but check emails regularly.
Ta,
Helen.
P.S. Will take cash only.
Final Email:

Stay cautious peeps!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
just generally stay away from anything where the request is for ukash..
totally scammers heaven.
completly untraceable and non returnable.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ha,

Funny you should say this...

I found some seats for a T5 on Gumtree which were supposedly 6 miles from where I live.. They were pukka leather proper T5 seats... I was mega excited so I email her and said I would take them can i collect tonight and she initially offered to drop them off at 2 in the morning.. this started alarm bells ringing so I said no i would wait and collect them the following day..

She then emailed back the exact same email message you got saying as a perk of the job she would post them and I would pay cash on collection....

I replied to this saying, No i want to collect them and give you cash due to your locality and since then I have not heard from her.....

Quite amusing as its exactly the same email word for word!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ha,

Funny you should say this...

I found some seats for a T5 on Gumtree which were supposedly 6 miles from where I live.. They were pukka leather proper T5 seats... I was mega excited so I email her and said I would take them can i collect tonight and she initially offered to drop them off at 2 in the morning.. this started alarm bells ringing so I said no i would wait and collect them the following day..

She then emailed back the exact same email message you got saying as a perk of the job she would post them and I would pay cash on collection....

I replied to this saying, No i want to collect them and give you cash due to your locality and since then I have not heard from her.....

Quite amusing as its exactly the same email word for word!
Did you find out where they were? sounds like the same scammer to me....

Would be interesting to know then maybe the mods could post something to warn us all as they are clearly targetting t5 owners.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Did you find out where they were? sounds like the same scammer to me....

Would be interesting to know then maybe the mods could post something to warn us all as they are clearly targetting t5 owners.
No I didnt, But purely for curiosity today I emailed her again from my work email address and left my work mob number and she replied instantly but it appears she has had some business with interpol as her name has changed from Stacy to Helen!

Trying to get some more info out of her now.....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Have a look at action fraud.org
Scammers can be and usually are abroad. You can take the money out all over the world. Easy money for these people and very little comeback

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
should we not be reporting this type of behaviour to the police...?

I would think there would be no point in notifing gumtree as they will just change user names etc.

FYI the email at the start of the thread was from helen.....

·
Registered
874 Posts
You can report it on action fraud.org they are collating these incidents. If you are a victim you can report it but basically when investigated by e mail and phone numbers you identify the details are abroad. When you ask the countries that they originate from for information with addresses they refuse to assist. Serious fraud organisation don't want to know. This is a multi million pound business with little comeback!
The crims even use landline numbers that they rent from telecom operators abroad.
Gum tree, auto trader and e bay are common sites. They have also started scamming from local rags.
Check twice and if it seems too good to be true it usually is.
Above web site has loads of examples of type of fraud......

·
Registered
18 Posts
So after email communication and an offer of me collecting them as they are quite far away, I got the offer of them being sent to me free of charge (perk of their job allegedly). I would then inspect and pay the driver if happy. No risk, so thought why not! The only thing I was worried about at this point was them getting damaged in transit!

When the 'Parcel Force' email came through it was from [email protected] which sent alarm bells ringing. Also it asked me to pay upfront and they would refund me if I was not happy on delivery......no way!

Rang Parcel Force - the real ones! They said this is a scam, they never do this type of service and that Lot's of people get caught out.

I dodged the bullet, so putting this here for others!

Advert:

Email responses from 'Helen Watson'

Final Email:

Stay cautious peeps!!

Yep, total scam! i got the same email you did about nipping round to her mums, and poor phone reception! christ i only live 45 mins away from her house....supposedly! and still could not view the wheels first!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Guys I gave up on Gumtree years ago. An average of 30% of items on there are scams.
There is just no moderation on that site whatsoever.

·
Registered
512 Posts
To Update.. I just had this email from the mysterious stacey that is now helen!

Hi ,
Don't know if it's been long since you've emailed, I've been out so couldn't follow up on my text message. Can't promise anything but visiting my mum shortly, wouldn't mind making a drop off :)

If you'll send me your postcode I can check out on my satnav the distance to yours.

Reasonable price and accurate description, it's worth the money, no bad surprises. I won't go any lower.
Can be reached on (079) 7342-5052 low signal strength area :( but check emails regularly.
Ta,
Helen.
P.S. Will let you know before heading out, cash only please.

Amazing......

·
Registered
874 Posts
That would be nice to drop those wheels off for you...... Save you a trip!
What a lovely lady I take it all back........... Is it Helen or Stacey?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts