VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just a quick heads up about an ad on gumtree I found, and I'm embarrassed to say, nearly fell for!

here's the ad:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...an-caravell-transporter-camper-seat/102849457

the email I got contact from was [email protected]

as usual, the rule of if its too good to be true applies.... but I still nearly fell for it. Maybe because its such a niche market, a multivan seat, unlike the usual laptop scams etc and seeing the pics, a T5 in the background...

Anyway, warning bells started ringing when I was offered free shipping (perk of the job apparently) then when I got the emails this morning asking me to do a paypoint money cash transfer and send a scan of the document. I did some searches and the contact email address showed up on Money Saving Expert as one used in scams. I should say at this point that I did google the sender's email address when I first got it - something I often do, with the word scam, as a precaution - nothing came up. The other clue was a temporary tracking number.

ParcelForce offer no 'cash on delivery' service, and they've seen this style of scam before. I consider myself reasonably savvy with things like this, so its quite freaked me out. I'm prepared to look a bit of an idiot in front of you lot if it stops anyone falling for it.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the ad deleted :D no doubt they'll be back :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts