VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone
hoping too go to Scotland this year in our t4, can anyone recommend paces to stay, also is it true that you can park and stay anywhere for the night ( freedom to roam act)
thanks in advance
Carmel

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello everyone
hoping too go to Scotland this year in our t4, can anyone recommend paces to stay, also is it true that you can park and stay anywhere for the night ( freedom to roam act)
thanks in advance
Carmel
To not too!!!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Hi we have stayed in that area a few times largs and troon have nice marinas we stay there right near the beach had no probs

·
Registered
290 Posts
Visit the lovely White Sandy Beaches of Smirisary,nr Uig. You'll have to look it up. Can't drive there, you will have to park up and walk along a track. Well worth it. Stunning!!T:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Troon, Prestwick and Ayr are all nice. Prestwick probably the best place locally for a few beers. Culzean Castle near Maybole is the best place in the area for a day out I'd reckon, we go there a lot. Nice (ruined) castle at Dunure as well. Largs is good too, you can also take a short ferry over to Cumbrae from there.

I'm biased, but I like it here!

Re parking/sleeping, I don't know what the letter of the law says but I doubt you'd have problems anywhere if you were discreet. Very few car parks here have signs up saying 'no overnight stays'.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Been twice this year on seperate occasions already!

I park in lay bys at lochs, anywhere really,,its an amazing place.

We first did aryshire a few years ago, but apart from the chippy at the harbour in troon found there area only ok,, but anywhere north of glasgow / loch lomond is much better!

Tuesday just gone at Loch Awe

Kilchrenan Castle near Dalavich / Oban

Road to Inverbrittle Isle of Sky

Beach side at Inverbrittle

Cooking nr Fort William

Somewhere else lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
What's that cooker thing by the way..is it just a large kelly kettle?

Nearly said boiler but didn't want you confused againLOL:LOL:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great pics, makes me hungry for Skye all over again. Applecross campsite with its views up the Inner Sound has to be one of my favs. Epic drive over the 'Pass of the Cattle' to reach the place.

·
Registered
805 Posts
ayr is allright but if you come to scotland go as far up north as you can, its is truly stunning, gonna head for the highlands myself come summerT:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts