VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the girlfriends parents house yesterday sorting out a few things with the van - Tailgate lock/screen wash etc...

Anyway, on the way there, gave it loads of rear screen wash - no screenwash came out. When we arrived, found it leaking out the back - being from helfrauds as well, it was bright green so a little embarrasing. Anyway, thought I'd sort out the fronts as well as there was no pressure coming out of the hoses - I thought they were blocked so put a pin in - after much motor noise, a little dribble came out of each one. On investigation, huge pool of wash under the van :confused: Traced to an almost melted hose but wondered:

Easier to try and fix hose or just replace? What diameter is it and what length do I need?

Also gave the van a polish and I have never polished anything in such need of it - I use the Maguires 3 stage stuff and never had so much effect! Will need a couple more coats though for a decent finish. Can someone book some sunshine in Cheltenham next week?

Dave

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
They are most likely to be full of , as when the screen wash mix is left to lye for a while it goes like jelly.

Best bet is to buy a coil from a suitable supplier and worth doing the lot.

You will have too many joins if you just replace bits and have potential leaks.

Probably best to buy twice the length of the van for safety.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts