VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience of these types of things?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-VEHICL...cessories_Safety_Security&hash=item3f0f9e2e57

im interested in getting some as an extra deterrent on my van, i already have an alarm and imobalizer fitted but nothing on the van to say this. I just don't want something that will advertise to theifs to make them think im lying to them... if that makes any sence. :*

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i apologise for the spelling in the title as well, I have a terrible keyboard.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
I think it may put of the opportunist thief after your stereo but the pro's will know all the tell tale signs of what you've got and try and get the keys from the house :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it may put of the opportunist thief after your stereo but the pro's will know all the tell tale signs of what you've got and try and get the keys from the house :)
this is true, they will always find a way in if they wanted to get it, but for general stuff i just want something to put simple smash and grab or amature theives off trying to take it. My keys are always with me anyway, even when I am out and not in the van I take them with me.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
this is true, they will always find a way in if they wanted to get it, but for general stuff i just want something to put simple smash and grab or amature theives off trying to take it. My keys are always with me anyway, even when I am out and not in the van I take them with me.

Best way mate T:T:

Go for it, as above, can't hurt :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its just the putting in of my reg which is putting me worrying me a little, but I guess its to make it look authetic, doesn't seem to bad on the sellers feedback tho.. :gl

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I think its a great idea. Not wishing harm to any vans parked around mine but its got to make you think if they see those stickers on yours and nothing on the vans close by, which would you go for.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I think its a great idea. Not wishing harm to any vans parked around mine but its got to make you think if they see those stickers on yours and nothing on the vans close by, which would you go for.
exactly my point

·
Registered
193 Posts
I,ve got a Gemini alarm system on mine and the VW imobiliser fitted but the stickers on the cab windows are nearly completly faded
away ,looked for replacements but hav,nt found any up to now !

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I,ve got a Gemini alarm system on mine and the VW imobiliser fitted but the stickers on the cab windows are nearly completly faded
away ,looked for replacements but hav,nt found any up to now !
for £2 these may be worth it

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
call me a sceptic but what a great scam.

want the addresses of people without decent car/van security. with added reg number?

set up an Ebay site selling cheap stickers.

If you want something like this go to your loacal Vinyl cutting place and get them to do some.

Or get a decent alarm.

PS not saying that this is a bunch of ne'er-do-wells.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I think it looks more pro/factory with the reg on it. Any security just shows your on the ball. The more the merrier.
Could also give the impression that sticker has been bought on eBay for a couple of quid.
How many Alarm companies would produce stickers with owners reg on? I'm no thief but first thing I'd think was "Fake"

A random serial number may be better.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts