VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to install some nice altro i got from vwnw 2 x 4m for £54 - bargain eh T: got the cloud, kind of off white with speckly bits, gonna match my white worktop.

The reason i'm doing this is I had a big milk spill that wasn't cleaned up right away due to being pi$$ed and not knowing whilst at bugjam! So I cleaned the carpet eventually and well, it still stunk, I wet vaxxed it a few days later, still stunk, so last night I ripped out my interior and carpet and discovered a badly stained smelly ply panel where it had ran off the carpet, ( the carpet is rubber sealed underneath so didnt soak through the carpet) So far easy, I just fit a new piece of ply and replace, but what are peoples opinions on sealing the ply in the first place? ie waterproof pva sealant? or paint or something to stop the wood sucking any moisture in that will inevitably be spilt in a camper, esp with my going for lino it will run off to an edge? Im planning on doing this, then using contact adhesive on top to stick down this altro. Any errors in my ways there guys, do speak up? A:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
personaly i wouldnt use any stikatak's adhesives . try your olcal carpet shop for either F44 acrylic or F46 pressure sensative . you can paint roller F46 onto the ply withough sealing it so long as its a good ply , let it dry off completely and lay flooring . pretty east to reposition too if you make a mistake but once you start to walk on it , it will stick like plops on a blanket .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts