VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe stupid questions but...

are the seats still able to slide back and forward with a swivel installed?

What is the height effect of adding the swivel?

Are they just as comfortable?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Slides still work the same.

Height depends on which kit you buy and whether you modify the handbrake.

Mine are RIB swivels from kiravans, i initially fitted the spacer that comes with it but i didnt like the extra inch it added so modified the handbrake and lowered the bracket it sits on.

There is a slight amount of play that i have got used to since christmas but there is a squeek from both lile a rattly sqeek which is very annoying. Nothing a few rubber door stays/wedges wont fix when not swivelling.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Anne, can only speak for RIB swivels but:

Passengers: Seat height increases by 23mm
Drivers: Seat height increases by 43mm with the spacers fitted so the swivel clears your handrake on the way around.

For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment (that is mainly drivers ones) you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything.
Similarly, front/back sliding depends on what height you like your seat to be at. If you typically pump the seat down low you'll find the grey trim plastic sits down onto the release lever so your cant slide the seat, you therefore need to pump up the seat before sliding front to back.

Hope that helps.
Rob.
www.kiravans.co.uk

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
i just fitted galaxy swivels there a slight diffrence in the hight. passenger 1"1/2 driver seat carnt realey notise its that little
[/IMG] the passenger has to be pulled foward to let it swivel & driver need to put the hand brake down but thay are all good:DT:& yes mutch better than the vw seats

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Hello Anne, we fitted a cmc swivel to ours over christmas it has raised the seat by 30mm you can still use the seat as normal, but the cmc one makes the seat wobble slightly so look around before you buy one.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I'm after some advice on T5 seat swivels, after reading every swivel thread on here I'm no closer to making a decision.

I had a sportcraft in my old T4 and it rocked something crazy but I believe it's a different design on the T5?

The Rib one seems popular but also a lot of people reporting it rocks, can't find much on the Reimo.

I've seen different pictures of the Fasp, does it have a side plate sized centre like the genuine vw one or is it the smaller nut design like the sportcraft?

What have you got fitted and have you had any problems? I'm only planning to fit one to the passenger side so not worried about the handbrake issues with swivelling the drivers seat

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have for sale a vw t5.1 GP front passenger captain seat with a genuine factory fitted swivel base. These are extremely rare and the seat is as new. Choice of the new Robust leatherette fabric or place cloth.
The seat is not cheap but was very expensive to buy in. Swivel base does not rock and is very solid. There is no height adjustment on factory swivel seats but it is not needed on a passenger seat.
Give me a ring if I can help.
Kombi seats, Caravelle seats, front captains seats always in stock.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have for sale a vw t5.1 GP front passenger captain seat with a genuine factory fitted swivel base. These are extremely rare and the seat is as new. Choice of the new Robust leatherette fabric or place cloth.
The seat is not cheap but was very expensive to buy in. Swivel base does not rock and is very solid. There is no height adjustment on factory swivel seats but it is not needed on a passenger seat.
Give me a ring if I can help.
Kombi seats, Caravelle seats, front captains seats always in stock.

Got a price Colin?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts