VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be a while before i'm to get my first T4 (would like a T5) due to divorce etc but no harm in looking eh!

Well i'm supprised at how cheap some panel vans gan be bought for and exterior mods ie susp/rims/chrome trim etc................But the interior units jesus! Example from one of many web sites was a sink cooker unit for £870.....wtf!!! That was not including the sink or cooker???

£380-£485 just for a seat carcass without the padded trim.......!!!

All i can say is thank god i'm a very handy person with tools and imagination just like many on here. I'd hate to think some people pay these prices on whats basically a £15 sheet of ply/mdf board laminated to look good and put together in a way to look even better to the naked eye.

I could never understand why it cost so much to convert a van but after looking at these rip off prices i can see why.

This was an install i made "all by myself inc paint" of my audi 80 cabrio..........Took a little time as would a van but cost me £800 total inc hardware.........similar set up via an audio installer was £5000+

Think i'll be doing my own units lol!!!

pete.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Here's a thought........

seeing as you are so good at building units....and you think they are usually expensive.... hows about building them and selling them cheaper to Forum members?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course i would need to build my own first but i'd be up for that.

I hate being ripped off and would be happy to help others once i'm sorted and have space to have a little production line set up. materials are cheap but labour costs ain't........I would make a small profit but nothing like what some places are charging!

It all reminds me of a MFI type wardrobe my ex bought. £400 for vaneered chip board wtf!!!

You guys can see where i'm coming from!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I want a set of the VW tail pipes to fit a 2.5 TDI rear exaust

Just let me know how much A:

The only problem I can see is trying to keep the soot off them

Andy

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
COT51E,

I have seen your Audi at All Types and its very niceT:

Welcome to the forum.

It make me smile when i see another car person turning to the van world:cool:

If you think you can spend a lot of money on bits for a T4 then dont buy a T5:eek:

Every thing seems to be twice of expensive.

Good luck and come to some of the local area meeting and meet up with some of us.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66&page=72

Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats some nice workmanship, I am sure once Registered and paying to trade you will have a lot of customers here.

But, until then, Just a reminder of the rules :

Please read the First line in Bold Red letters.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2
No plans on making any for a good while due to divorce plus no stock to modify or premises to make.

But yeah i know trader rules, i just made them in my spare time as a hobby so not realy a trader as such!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want a set of the VW tail pipes to fit a 2.5 TDI rear exaust

Just let me know how much A:

The only problem I can see is trying to keep the soot off them

Andy
Andy, The tips are highly polished and soot just wipes off if cleaned regular but thats down to how lazy folk are! I made one for a guy at work for his TT and its a mess, saying that so is the rest of the car! Don't think he's cleaned either for months!

Like anything, If you look after it, it will last years!

None available at mo soz!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts