VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if i would need to put seat belts on a rear facing seat in the back up against the bulkhead?,

.. also would that be acceptable on normal van insurance?, unfortunately i cant insure it as a camper

cheers :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
My van is a panel van, It is insured as a panel van with windows and 5 seats,(gladiator) it has 2 front 2 rear and one side ways facing, the sideways seats do not require seat belts, cos its dangerous, Iwould imagine its the same for rear facing, My last van T25 had a rear facing with no belt fitted and it was a proper conversion.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I would fit belts as in a front end collision the baulkhead will act as a restraint but a rear end collision could have your passengers flying out their seats towards the rear of the van.
I'm am not one of those 'everything must be crash tested before I'm getting in it' types either, just reckon it would be worth while fitting some T:.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would fit belts as in a front end collision the baulkhead will act as a restraint but a rear end collision could have your passengers flying out their seats towards the rear of the van.
I'm am not one of those 'everything must be crash tested before I'm getting in it' types either, just reckon it would be worth while fitting some T:.
Your probly right,Its easy enough to put lap belts in.and i think in the event of a shunt it would keep you in your seat.So theres your answer, regardless of the law do whats best.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts