VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have now got a 3 seater for a nice £20 and just need some seatbelts.

I am planning on installing the seats rear facing up against the half bulkhead and either using the drivers and opposite passenger sides mounting doubled up the for two 3 point seatbelts and a lap belt in the centre. or just 3 lap belts?!?

Anyone out there with any spare let me know and i can buy them off you!

Alternatively if you have any reason why you think this is a bad idea having them rear facing let me know your views!

I was just thinking of doing it this way to maximise load space!

Any input will be much appreciated! T:
Lewis

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi everyone, i have now got a 3 seater for a nice £20 and just need some seatbelts.

I am planning on installing the seats rear facing up against the half bulkhead and either using the drivers and opposite passenger sides mounting doubled up the for two 3 point seatbelts and a lap belt in the centre. or just 3 lap belts?!?

Anyone out there with any spare let me know and i can buy them off you!

Alternatively if you have any reason why you think this is a bad idea having them rear facing let me know your views!

I was just thinking of doing it this way to maximise load space!

Any input will be much appreciated! T:
Lewis

i have a middle row of seatbelts @ £40 plus £6.90 postage

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Don't know about the seatbelt fixing but travelling backwards is the safest way in a crash but humans don't like travelling backwards which is why they stopped rear facing seats on planes

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know about the seatbelt fixing but travelling backwards is the safest way in a crash but humans don't like travelling backwards which is why they stopped rear facing seats on planes
Thats why i thought lap belts would be adequate for the job because youre crashing into a nice comfy seat rather than a seat belt tryin to slice you in 3! and then a windscreen :eek:

Hopefully i can do some more fixings so i can turn it round for long journeys!
that way i have a 6 seater with a big load space! swap them round and ive got a big car with a big boot still! LOL:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so have decided am fitting these tommorow. any one have any lapbelts for sale?
Ideally 3 would be great!
Let me know T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts