VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now in the market for a couple of seat swivel bases. However it does seem to be a bit of a mine field. I've got two genuine captains seats and I will be installing a leisure battery at some point. Any recommendations would be appreciated together with any to avoid. Don't want to buy a lemon so to speak.

Cheers

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chocy Rocky for the reply. Do you have these fitted? I have noted that there have been installation issues with FASP swivel bases, seems strange to me as they have are also the choice of manufacturers. Supportingly they are less pricey than the other brands out there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I fitted a FASP on the nearside base - had to open up the holes on the seat rails to 9mm but seat works well. I've got high grade countersunk set screws if needed, PM for details

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do dandywarhol. Thanks

Any recommendations on who to try for a deal on a couple of the FASP bases, dont seem to be any offered on ebay international site

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been wanting a swivel base for passenger seat as well, but have just read the FASPs have a tendancy to go rattly after a few years. Anyone know if the Sportscraft has this problem (and can possibly give their opintion of them)?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lameboyadvance Welcome to the forum, good question. I've also read they can be problematic to install and why such a jump in price for the T5 filament.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there

Only had my T5 for a month or so. Took him to the MAD workshop (Arthur) in Bristol about something else, when he spotted that the cowboys who'd fitted my passenger seat swivel plate the first time round had made a bodge of it.

Got myself a Sportline for £150 from O'Leary Motorhomes http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk[/URL] which turned up quickly and is now securely bolted in place. Like I said, i've only had my van for a month, but very happy with the base. Made in Germany, runs smooth, and does the job.

Hope this helps,

Gra

·
Registered
607 Posts
I ordered a sportscraft swivel and sent it back as I didn't think the quality lived up to the price. they rocked from brand new.

Main reason I sent them back is that I needed to have an offset swivel so I now have Reimo ones. So much more to them and v well made. Down side is they are a Tad heavier, and approx £180 each.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i've got a RIB one on passenger side and whilst it's sturdy the seat rattles incessantly. tempted to remove it completely!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a sportscraft swivel and sent it back as I didn't think the quality lived up to the price. they rocked from brand new.

Main reason I sent them back is that I needed to have an offset swivel so I now have Reimo ones. So much more to them and v well made. Down side is they are a Tad heavier, and approx £180 each.
Jeez "offset swivel" so its now even more confusing. Can I ask why offset?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have RIB swivels on both front captain seats. Very easy to fit and drivers side has spacer which means no need to mod the handbrake. Have just fitted battery under d/side seat today and so far so good. Have only had swivels on since early December, so can't comment on rattles as yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not quite and answer to the original thread.. But whilst on the subject of swivel bases, Do any of you guru's know if the drivers seat will swivel (with either of the debated swivels:)) with the passenger bench seat in? Long story, cant afford rear seat/bed yet and have baby seat in middle:) but would be very usefull if drivers seat did swivel.. cheers

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I was told by a reputable source that Sports craft were better for T5's and Fasb were better for T4's. Hence have sportscraft. They do raise the seat so I feel even more elevatedLOL:

Have one on drivers side. Not bad at all but have noticed the rocking. Not bothered as am happy to get my drivers seat to swivel at last. As long as it's not a problem. Shame about the faff with the handbrake. You'd think the's invent something a tad neater:*

·
Registered
4 Posts
How's it going with the swivel bases Shonky Geeza? I have a New T28 SWB and want to do the same but also seem to be going round in circles. I want a safe under one seat and a leisure battery under the other. Have you found any that fit the bill or are you using a swivel plate on top of the existing bases?
Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,273 Posts
Reimo sell Sportscraft and Carbest

http://www.reimo.com/en/59615-rotating_seat_mount_for_vw_t5_with_tuev_certification/

I orderred a drivers swivel adaptor plate and a passenger side swivel/safe from Concept Multi Car. I thought they were Sportscraft but in hindsight they appear to be the Carbest TuV approved version. They dont rock but my drivers side is currently clashing with the leisure battery so I've got it on spacers which is rubbish. Next plan is to lower the battery by chopping the rubber mat out underneath

1 - 20 of 24 Posts