VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i just turned 18 and have purchased a t4 for my first car and am totally stoked! i am a keen surfer/camper and am starting to plan what i am going to do with my van. i am caught between being able to seat my mates in the back (none of whom can drive yet) and being able to sleep in the back. i cant afford a rock and roll bed and they are pretty rare down here in AUS but was wondering about a solution which can allow me to take my mates and sleep in it at the same time. All other tips for a rookie are welcome T:

·
Registered
308 Posts
You need what will be expensive seating to transport passengers in the back I'd suggest to keep it legal assuming the rules where you are are the same as here for panel van upgrades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i intend to keep it legal, just looking for design advice for a bedding and seating configuration

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
In ours we've fitted an original folding front seat in the back,carries two passengers legally and fold down when on site to make half the bed,made a shelf behind it at the same height for the rest of the bedT:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice lloyd great idea, i assume you have a foam mattress to go across the shelf an seat when folded?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Have you fitted a second seat belt to the nearside wall to replicate the fixing it would have had in the front? My folder only has 1 belt as part of the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
We've got a foam mattress to sit on the shelf and when we had the seats re trimmed we got the back of the seat padded with some foam,so dead comfy:D
Best thing is the beds all made up just drop the seat down and crawl in,no faffing about pulling rock n roll beds around storing bedding etc

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Have you fitted a second seat belt to the nearside wall to replicate the fixing it would have had in the front? My folder only has 1 belt as part of the seat.
Yeah we had another belt fitted to the side,done at our mot garage so bolted and welded in all legal:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts