VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Somebody stop me!
11,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bother you all again. Before i wire the Eberspacher i want to fit a second battery with a split charge to run it and the other domestics. Where is the best place to fit it and will a second battery fit next to the main engine one under the cover? Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jimmy.:ILU:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Great thread
.....I can give you a copy of the plan for a plate I made, its crude but it works reasonably well. pm your email and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Reading this one with interest. I have bought a Numax sealed battery CVX XV31 113a/h which has the following dimensions: 330mm long, 170mm wide & 241mm tall. It says this is a sealed battery. I have seen quite a few batteries mounted inside the cabinets & I was going to fit it just infront of the rear wheel arch. I am a little concerned about the gassing problem & I see that there is a possible solution, by mounting it in the engine bay. This gives me other worries though. I have a sterling 600w inverter on the way & a Sterling 10amp battery charger. Both of these items state that they should have the shortest wire run possible I was going to mount these items in the rearmost space above the wheel arch. With the battery being in the engine bay & the other two items at the rear of the van, I am looking at a wire run of about 5m. Too long I think.
So, can I mount the other items closer to the battery, or can I mount my battery in the cabinets?
Also, I have tried to locate the numax website, but it is so far eluding me. EDIT found here

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I have my extra batteries mounted alongside the wheel arches in mine for the same reasons as you, so that i can 'short run' my wiring to heavy consumers. I have connected a breather pipe to my batteries which exits through the vent in the rear quarter panel taking care of any gassing. Been like it for years without problems. It also keeps the batteries warmer in winter helping them to perform better. I also use a Sterling 600 watt inverter but I went for the 20 amp charger as I use two 110 ah batteries for my auxilliaries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts