VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

What options are there for installing a secondary switch that turns all the interior lights on?

Internal lights run from
  • (brown) - perm -ve.
  • (brown/red) - BCM switched -ve
  • (red/black) - BCM Timed switched +ve
Providing there is +ve. Would it be a simple case of switch connecting brown + brown/red?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
At least on the rear courtesy lights, not sure about the front, they are switched on via the earth wire.
I have fitted an additional two switches one by side loading door and one just inside the rear door and extended the earth wires to these so that I can override the timer due to the fact I removed the originals and fitted leds without a built in switch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Worked a treat

Wired a SPDT into each b-pillar and picked up the brown/red wire from the green plug under the passenger seat

IMG_20200517_172522~2.jpg

I blew fuse 17, after mistakenly earthing the red/black wire. Interestingly the main rear courtesy lights continued to work. Just the cab and footwell lights stopped.
Can anyone explain why? Would it be possible to add a switch that also just illuminates the rear ceiling lights

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone recommend a SPDT switch that has two states (off/on) as apposed to the (on/off/on) states in my diagram above?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts