VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Since I bought mt T4 18 months my central locking has never worked so I eventually found the problem which was broken wires in the drivers door. I got it working perfectly yesterday with the FOB key but today I noticed the van locks itself 20 seconds after closing the doors.

Is this a security measure VW have installed or is it a fault with my van?:confused:
Its a 2002 TDI

Cheers,
Dub

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Sorry dont know the answer, but its a good thing, esp in Ireland, stops you getting car jacked as easy :D

I know my mrs car does the same, which is a good thing imo, but similarly i know it can be disabled via the ecu so not sure if its the same for the T4?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Hi,

Since I bought mt T4 18 months my central locking has never worked so I eventually found the problem which was broken wires in the drivers door. I got it working perfectly yesterday with the FOB key but today I noticed the van locks itself 20 seconds after closing the doors.

Is this a security measure VW have installed or is it a fault with my van?:confused:
Its a 2002 TDI

Cheers,
Dub
I believe it is meant to lock itself ...mine is the same 2002 T4 Tdi and does it though somewhat randomly ,just make sure you take the kys with you when you get out :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi,

Its a 2002 TDI

Cheers,
Dub
dont know wether its the same system but my Rover 75 locks all the doors as soon as the car starts moving .I then have to unlock them manually think its a safety thing

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
if i unlock my van,and dont open the front doors,it will lock itself again.mine is the r-click system,and it is supposed to do thisT:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made a mistake by saying it locks itself after opening the doors...it only lock itself if you dont open the doors

if i unlock my van,and dont open the front doors,it will lock itself again.mine is the r-click system,and it is supposed to do thisT:
Yes I had another look at the van and mine is the very sameT:...clever system

Thanks guys:)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
just remember,if you slider and tailgate are central locking,and only open one of these,then close it...it will also lock itself.
only stays unlocked when either front doors are opened.dont leave keys in jacket n sling it in back.....
:(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Think this was a vw thing back in the day, my old mk3 golf used to do the same if you unlocked it and did not open drivers door before a certain time, guess it was to keep car secure if you pushed the fob in your pocket. My 2001 lwb does the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts