VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Been a member for few years but consider myself a bit of novice without much to contribute. Have always enjoyed reading the pearls of wisdom from those with knowledge to impart though. In that spirit, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on selling a private T5 plate? My van broke down yesterday and initial noises from the mechanics make me think I might need to finance an engine rebuild:(..
Any funds I can release to get myself back on the road is going to be vital, so wondered if selling the private plate it came with when i bought it is worth anything.:*
T500 DUB
Any advice/thoughts on potential value or even how to go about selling it would be hugely appreciated. I'm aware that admitting my ignorance isn't the best negotiating tactic so the opinions of those who have no interest in buying it would still be of massive interest to me.
In short, help/advise/pity/trynottotakeadvantageof a bloke with a knackered van.
Thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It’s virtually impossible to put a price on it, it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Being a 7 digit plate it isn’t worth a fortune to 99% of people but a T5 fan might like the idea of it reading T5 00 DUB.
I think if you could get £500 ish Then I’d probably take it.

·
Super Moderator
5,155 Posts
This has been reported as being an advert by another member but come on really.

The guy is asking for advice and help and not actually advertising it.

Where is this forum going? Where has the vw love gone??

Sad sad times......

BJ

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It’s virtually impossible to put a price on it, it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Being a 7 digit plate it isn’t worth a fortune
+1T:

threads like this look like sneeky sales threads to me (& I didn't report it :* )

as to the vw love?

people cannot afford it anymore after all the Scene-Taxes are addedRasp:

as to the OP's engine problems, maybe crowdfund:*

Rich.

·
Super Moderator
5,155 Posts
It’s only an advert when it has been stated so and with a price.
I know you have to pay a tenner for the privilege to do that.
Maybe I can move it to the ‘what’s it worth section’???

BJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Thanks for the replies. I really am a complete novice at this. TBH, I didn't even know that you couldn't offer things for sale on here, so, while my initial post really was just asking for advice and some direction, I probably would've fallen foul eventually had someone not pointed out the rules. Imagine your nan tasked with selling a number plate, handed a laptop, and you've got some idea of what's going on with me here. A tech bod I am not.

Builder Jay, if there is a more suitable place for my inquiry on this forum and u know how/are willing to to tell me how to move it there, please do.

If the classifieds section of this forum ends up being the best place to actually try to sell it (?), I am more than happy to pay whatever fees apply to whoever I am supposed to pay them to.

Apologies if people thought I was trying to 'sneak' in an advert, you are overestimating the level of planning thats gone into this.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts

Sad sad times......

BJ
It would be a member who did it I’m sure!

I guess one option is to pay £10 (or donate) per advert and then perhaps everyone would be happy. It’s a bit like the speedy boarders complaining they have to share a bus when they paid their £5 upgrade!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts