VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right so tonight i went to unlock my door and the key snapped in the lock, i have a spare but it only unlocks and turns ignition on, where can i get a new 1 and what do i have to do to get it?
this is not good cause this means i will most probally lose a few days at work because of it and my van is all tooled up in a bit of a sketchy area where i really dont want to leave it

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are you in the AA or RAC?

Give them a call & they should get you in.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh no ive got my spare key so i can get in and out the van, just cant start the engine so i cant get to work or move it or anything

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I think your spare key wont start the engine because it hasn't got an immobiliser chip in it - however your snapped key still has a chip so can you tape the bit of the broken key with the chip in to your spare and get the engine started that way?

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
as above mate,that should work.....tape the old plastic bit of the key round your spare.:ILU:

to remove door handle from door,open door on the side of the door adjacent to the handle will be 2 philips large screws,undo these and the door handle will pull out,van can then be locked and unlocked by moving mech in the hole left by removal of handle,not the moset secure,but you will be able to lock and unlock......the barrel in the door handle can be removed as well when handle is out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers mike y i did exact that and now ive got the van back home and i can start the engine every time

·
Registered
34 Posts
This definately works as i did it with my old audi a4. The transponder embedded in the key deactivates the immobiliser and allows the engine to start. New key from VW about 80 notes or a new key and barrel, plumbed into the ecu is about 250... heartbreaking for such a simple problem!

A:A:A:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i couldnt get my head it how it worked! but i have now taped my chip to the metal bit of the key and its all good, just got to make sure i dont lose that chip!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
try 130328912890 on ebay just type no into ebay search bar then get local key guy to cut blank to your spare take old fob apart and put new key in fob simplesA:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts