VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Buslovers, :ILU:

Just looking at the "How to" section of the Engine & Gearbox forum but no luck in finding the info to change the Serpentine Belt /
Harmonic Balancer Pulley on the 2.5tdi (ACV). :*

My 2.5tdi ACV has developed a squeel when changing gear uphill into 5th gear and think I might need to look at the belt tensioner to see if it's moving freely. It's also sounding a bit "tinny" when cold, so cold this be the pulley itself that also needs replacing? Any ideas on cost? I'd prefer not to take it into VW, as I can imagine this could be expensive.

Has anyone found the same and could advise me on how to go about this? I know it's going to be a pig of a job, lifting the engine up to remove the belt.

Cheers :ILU:

·
Registered
93 Posts
T:hi i've replaced the tensioner pulley on my 2.5 ACV ! right pig of a job ,if you got small hands you'll be ok.
it not impossible you'll need a bit of time to do it, right remove the under tray look up the front of the engine
you can see the belt the tensioner is at the top by the bulk head . u need to get up the back by the oil filter
, remove the cover on the pulley and under that is a 6mm allen head bolt remove that and change the pulley
on the tensioner. sound straigh forward it very tight up there ! you'll need a very straight 13mm spanner to tension
the belt. give it a go and see how u get on . it will take time to do !T:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts