VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where I can find anythingon service intervals for 104 T5? just bought one, and the service section totally missing, so don't know diddly. any direction would be great, particularly the big services and cam belt details would be good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,Dazboi. I'm askin...! just seen another thread saying 60k for cambelt and waterpump. anything else us numpties should know about?

·
Registered
70 Posts
On the subject of Service .............can anybody advise what does - Bought new from a dealership therefore 3 year warranty, allways serviced in accordance with the service schedule by the dealer the van was bought from and therefore (According to my reading of the Service Booklet)under "Longlife Service" it is "Guarenteed" what does this mean in the real world.

Does it mean that the service work is guarenteed or does it mean that the Manufacturer's warranty is automatically extended each time the service is carried out as described above?

Thanks

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
you mean a longlife service guarantee?

in my interpretation it means the correct service has been carried out dependant on mileage and age of vehicle, all volkswagen parts carry a two year parts and labour warranty unless it has an age/mileage dependancy ie oil filter...... 2yrs or 9-18k miles

etc etc etc

·
13,223 Posts
or is classed as a wearable item, ie brake pads, clutch.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Dazboi01 that makes it very clear to me, it also says in the service schedule that as part of the Longlife service guarentee if you break down you will recieve appropriate support...................hmmm a bit vague really

·
13,223 Posts
you have volkswagen emergency assistance for three years from date of birth of vehicle, your supplying dealership should have explained all this to you

0800777172 VEA

·
13,223 Posts
extended warranty prices have increased over the last 12 months, they are an "insurance" and work slightly differently to current warranty, but your main dealer should be able to explain all this to you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts