VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My van is a 1999 2.5TDI (88hp) lwb.
All brakes run hot after 50 miles, tied up brake pedal with bungie, completed same 50 mile trip, brakes all running cold.
I was hoping it was just the brake pedal return spring, have this to change next week whilst i'm repairing the pedal box, but i have my doubts.
Does anyone know if the piston return spring in the servo is replaceable or if i'm able to check or lubricate it?
I am told by the local VW dealer that the part number for my van is 7D0 612 105A and is £245 + VAT, or can i buy it cheaper else where?
Don't want to fork out for this, only to find its not the servo, any advice fellas?
Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked the servo fitted on my van and the part number is 7D2 612 101C so will need to check with VW that it is the same part as there number 7D0 612 105A.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
How long have you had the vehicle ?? Has this happened recently , or always been there ?? Its probably worth trying to get lubrication on the pedal clip , and the rod inside , going into the servo , just to eliminate that , first. A badly worn connecting pin to the pedal could theoretically stick ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts