VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they have 16 settings.... your only about halfway to controlling your ride sned, ive put mine up to 16 rides pukka as mines quite low......
Iain are you a car painter by any chance??
I was following advice that came with the Spax adjustables I bought for my Beetle ie start from the softest setting and work upwards. Now got them on 11 front and rear. The front feels good at that but the rear is still bouncy,funny I thought the rear would need less but they must be valved differently inside.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I'm now on 12 clicks front and 16 rear and it feels nice:D but there's a couple of clouds on the horizon:( First i think all the suspension mods have shown up the fact that my top balljoints are past it(got rattles over rough road surfaces) and also the rear shocks feel a bit soft still. I only have an Ikea sofabed and some boxes with food and dishes etc in the back. What have you got in the back of your AVO equipped van?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ive also gotn ikea bed plus units, my springs are form t4s rus and my rear is still bit soft as well, although much much better with avo's still just short of really firm, ill be upgrading to some heavy duty KW springs soon to sort itT:

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today I helped my dad move about half a ton of timber in my van,the back end was well low. We set off and I waited for the rear end to bottom out and....It didn't. Seems that the shocks and springs work better with a bit of load on them. Has anyone else found this with their suspension setup

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally came to the conclusion that my AVOs were just too soft so I mailed AVO and they said to send them back. I posted them on the 6th of this month and got them back today, broken mounting lug repaired, rebushed, repainted and revalved complete with new dust covers and all at no extra cost! I'll post more when I get them fitted and have a chance to see how they work

1 - 14 of 14 Posts