VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know just about everything has been covered on these lights ( myself well an truly inc ! I: ) but I'm just getting round to taking one light out ( due to lost adj screw for up and down adj ) before it goes in for MOT .

But has anyone had to set up light levels ( up / down ) on beam , and how have you done this , ( oh , and left/right adj ) or is it a garage job ? I: SURELY not !!!

When I mean set up , I don't mean ' how can you adj it ? I'm looking at how to find the correct beam height , and how to take reference ? :*

Someone put me out of my misery as not heard or found anything on this subject ? :*

Yours forever gratefull . :cheers

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
To be set correctly the light beam needs to be shon into a beam setter it measures the amount of light and has a pattern inside which shows the correct alignment up and down and side to side the mot guys may set it for you if you ask them nicely

·
Registered
711 Posts
i swapped mine over in the garage.

Before I took the old ones out I turned them on and marked the wall with msking tape.

put the new ones in ans matced the pattern to the tape on the wall........ Job doneT:

passed MOT with no adjustment needed....

there were adjuster screws in the back for the beam.......

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts